Saturday, April 5, 2014

5 reasons I am starting this blog: the first post

Katie_Lain_CronenMy name is Katie, I am 27 and have an unconditional love of life -- on all levels and within all experiences. That was not always the case for me. Until my mid-20s I spent life as an anxious mess worried about things, filled with insecurities and a sense of unworthiness. Through hitting what I can only call my rock bottom, my views began to change and I started to see everything differently... in a much softer, beautiful and loving way. This was a gift and it keeps growing each and every day. Through my experiences and new way of seeing things, I have reached a level in life where I am naturally filled with joy and gratitude - no matter what. I see beauty from all angles and find inspiration and meaning in all of my experiences. My hope is to genuinely share with you what my heart tells me... in a way that can allow you to be touched, inspired and see life in all its beauty.


Now, the 5 (of many) reasons I am starting this blog:

1. To make your heart sing. The amount of unconditional love we can feel in our hearts is truly, truly endless. It can and is meant to grow your entire life. This unconditional love can be felt for every body (especially yourself), every experience, every situation...  everything. With that being said, I have unconditional love for you... and I will write and share from my heart with pure intention to make you feel that love.

2. To share ideas, quotes, authors and any other substantial content that positively shifted my life... with hopes it will do the same for you.

3. For laughter. As they say, 'laughter is the best medicine.' It feeds your soul and the more I connect with my soul the more I simply understand it and the beauty that lives within it -- within ME. This gives me the natural ability to laugh at myself and things in life that would have probably upset me before -- or would have occurred without any acknowledgment.  My laughter is not only humorous... but comes from a deep place of  happiness --- that is within ALL OF US! Yay... I hope to help you tap into that.

4. For Beauty. No matter what, life is meant to be beautiful. This is my life quote and I live by it. Beauty lies in every experience and every aspect of life - good and bad. It is all in how you perceive it -- and your perception is a choice. This can be a tough nut to crack, but the transformation begins with an open heart, open mind and a desire to see the beauty in everything. Do you want to see the beauty? I do, and I can... and nothing is more enriching. 

5. For Inspiration. To be inspired is one of the most heartening feelings in life. It can cause you to take action toward something you love and is the birth place of creativity. Quite literally... anything can serve as your inspiration - there is no set recipe or right or wrong way to be inspired. Embrace and act on that which inspires you. My intention is to inspire you -- and my hope is that you act on that inspiration to be who you truly want to be in this life. A few things that inspire me... vintage fashion, expressing love, live productions of any kind, difficult times in life and truly listening to others. What inspires you?

Thank you.

with love,
katie lain




No comments:

Post a Comment